1. Health

HPV is a virus known to cause cervical cancer, has also been linked to several other types of cancer. The virus, which is transmitted through sexual contact, has shocking statistics! Did you know that over 80% of women contract the HPV virus by the age 50? Find out more about HPV today.

About HPV

Comments
November 2, 2006 at 3:26 pm
(1) Robin Stewart says:

I am so mad! My boyfriend and I had sex for the first time and the next morning I had Diarria every day for the next 1 1/2 years. I was given every test available minus a pap smear. My medicare/medicaid only pays for this procedure every two years. The doctors never found out what was wrong with me. But because I was despreate to end the Diarria I started to drink vingar and my Diarria went away. I personally think I had some type of worm that was not pick up upon (eggs too). I gained 50 pounds and I would avoid eating. Now, I have an adnormal pap and I am Mad!

October 10, 2008 at 11:40 am
(2) LAURA says:

WHAT?!?!?!?

November 20, 2008 at 3:36 pm
(3) DDDepressionnn says:

There has come winter :(
It became cold and cloudy!
Mood very bad :(
Depression Begins

November 20, 2008 at 11:23 pm
(4) DDDDepressionnnn says:

Depression Depression Depression aaaaaaaa
HEEEEELP :( :( :(
I hate winter! I want summer!

November 29, 2008 at 12:26 pm
(5) wintervssummer says:

I very much love summer :)
Someone very much loves winter :(
I Wish to know whom more :)
For what you love winter?
For what you love summer? Let’s argue :)

January 14, 2009 at 12:58 am
(6) Lex says:

Are some people serious this f-in stupid? #1. Having sex for the first time could not result in this symptom-unless you have anal. #2 the lasting effects would NOT exist for a year @ a half-think you’re exaggerating a bit, or it could be some underlying problem that maybe you didn’t pay enough attention to before hand. #3 If it went on for this long you would prob. be dead at this point (which people as ignorant as you should NEVER pro-create). Having diarrhea for that long would result in dehydration, NOT 50lbs weight gain, & eventually death if that severe. #4. Don’t try to blaime the weight gain on something other than slothlyness…if that’s actually a word-get off your arse and do something about it. We’re all responsible for ourselves-& weight gain is NOT a damn disease. It’s a choice, a life style. (Unless you have a thyroid problem, but I doubt that.) #5. If you’re on medicaid or medicare you’re either really old-& haven’t had sex for the 1st time, or really handicapped; & refer back to top “you should never pro-create” if you are this helpless: or you’ve had children before and can’t provide for them. EITHER way, if I’m way-off or some what close to profiling you, you should take some responsibility for your actions. It may not just be the “boyfriend’ but your choice in men. GO TO A DOCTOR-not just one, and get several opinions for your case!!! Hello! We live in AMERICA not some 3rd world, ignorant country! And stop looking for other people to answer your deeper issues.

August 29, 2009 at 4:03 am
(7) Kylieanne says:

HERE HERE Lex!!! Well said, and yes, I think “slothlyness” is a word, I will use it often! :)

December 14, 2009 at 8:24 am
(8) Thirdworldgirl says:

To Lex

It seems that the only thing that preceeds your ignorance is your arrogance. Have you met anyone from the third world or everyone from the third world to make that judgement?

ThirdWorldGirl

January 22, 2010 at 1:39 am
(9) unknown says:

hi im a women and i just found out today that my husband ex just found out that she has hpv and swears up and down that hse caught it from him im going to my dr to get tested tomorrow the question im asking is can her dr tell me if what she is telling my husband is the truth or not and from having this would it cause her to have a full hystorectomy?? im scared and dont know how to handle this i know it is serious if she is telling the truth that is she has tried in the past 9 years to break me and my husband up im wondering would she be saying this to get me to leave him??

November 9, 2010 at 9:36 pm
(10) Okaydokey says:

Listen,one there is no way of telling you how long you have had HPV or whom gave it to you.80% of woman contract HPV or different forms of HPV in their life time. It is scary and unfortunate.Condoms are not 100% safe just like anything else. Now,if your husbands ex got HPV cervical cancer it is possible that her doctor told her to get a hysterectomy depending on the severity of it. Just because you have HPV does not mean your spouse was having sex outside the relationship.I know that it is hard and scary but you just have to get yearly paps and get the shot to help prevent HPV. Now I got the 3 series shot years ago to prevent getting it and I was flipping out when I got the call from my doctor saying I had an abnormal pap and they have to do biopsy and check to see if I have HPV. There is no testing for men for the HPV Virus as of now.However,they too should see a doctor and pay much attention to their penis,anas and testicles for any changes. My heart goes out to you and I understand the fear and anxiety.See your doctor and get checked often.Best of luck.

November 9, 2010 at 9:43 pm
(11) okaydokey says:

Oh and to also let you know, some HPV viruses go away on their own in a year or two.However,some do not. Get checked and get checked on a regular basis.Remember there are many different types of the HPV viruse. I wish all of you the very best and good health.I know the mind goes crazy when you hear bad news like this.I am going through it myself. Try to think in the positive and do research and make an appointment with your OBGYN. Remember,it’s your body and you have the power to ask questions and know what your going against.I hope I gave a little comfort.

February 1, 2013 at 8:02 am
(12) notstupid says:

Idiots!! 3rd world isn’t a term used anymore. LDC or MDC, lesser or more devsloped countries. You probably all read the bible and think heaven exists. Fools!! I really hope u get HIV Lex!