Breast cancer is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in the tissues of the breast. It is estimated 1 in every 7 American women will develop breast cancer in their lifetime. 220,000 American women will develop breast cancer this year.
Symptoms of breast cancer include:
- Discharge from the nipple(clear or bloody)
- Persistent tenderness of the breast
- pain in the nipple
- swelling or mass in the armpit (lymph nose)
- inverted or scaly nipples
- a lump that can be felt no matter how small
- swelling of the breast
Sometimes there are no symptoms of breast cancer when its in the early stages. If you notice a lump, or are experiencing anything unusual, you must report them to your doctor as soon as possible. Performing a monthly self breast exam
is the best way to notice any changes in your breasts.