Facts About Pancreatic Cancer
- 32,180 Americans will be diagnosed with pancreatic cancer this year
- 31,800 Americans will die of pancreatic cancer this year
- Pancreatic cancer is the 4th ranked cause of cancer death
- only 23% of people diagnosed with be alive 1 year from diagnosis
- 4% of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer will live reach the 5 year survival rate
What Causes Pancreatic Cancer?
Although researchers are unsure as to what exactly causes pancreatic cancer, known risk factors of the disease have been identified, like smoking, diabetes, and more. Please see "Risk Factors for Pancreatic Cancer" for more information about causes and risk factors.
Is Pancreatic Cancer Common?
Pancreatic cancer is a common cancer. However, it is very difficult to detect early and even more difficult to treat. The symptoms presented by pancreatic cancer are often very similar to that of many other illnesses, and they don't always show until the disease has progressed to an advanced stage. Please see "Symptoms of Pancreatic Cancer" for more about signs and symptoms of pancreatic cancer.
Where Can I Find More Information About Pancreatic Cancer?
The following links will take you to excellent pancreatic cancer sites and orgs: