How Has Having Cancer Changed Your Life?
Actually i started to live again...i had not flown for 15 yrs or more. i guess one might say " i was scared to live" i have flown 3 times so far. i visited an old college friend and my son and grandkids two times. I got a passport..just in case. I even started to date again.
What Type of Cancer Did You Have?
NHL follicular lymphoma with large B cells.
How long did you undergo treatment?
i had 6 R-CHOP cocktails IV ...one every month...followed by 15 radiation treatments . i chose a treatment facility that i really liked and was close enough to home that i could drive myself to and from.
- do not try to keep it a secret...it is much healthier to discuss it openly
- seek support group or telephone or online support
- research , research, research...the computer became my BEST friend.
- interview doctors and check out facility and staff. make sure you really feel comfortable with them.
- ask questions, make a list, remember to bring it with you to doctor appts.
- call the doctor anytime you think something is not quite right..let the doctor decide if it is important or "par for the course"
- be careful of germs....stay clear of crowds and kids...really !!!